Monday, March 9, 2009

Lamb Loin Chops

Last night I attacked the first couple of packages of loin chops from the lamb Courtney and I split. You can see the packages sitting in the middle of the picture where they would be sitting in mr. lamb. Conveniently packaged at four per pouch, two pouches fed four people. They were really good and I am glad that all I did was a simple marinade and grill. I don't take picture, so I can't show the well gnawed bones, but they were well gnawed.

Lamb with garlic and rosemary
Lamb loin chops, 2 per person
1/4 C pomegranate juice
1/2 t pomegranate molasses
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic
2 sprigs rosemary
salt and pepper to taste

Strip rosemary and shred. Press garlic. Mix everything together. Marinate for 30-45 minutes mixing now and then. I added the molasses as a slightly for a slight tart punch and it gave a little caramelized hint to the sear on the surface. I grill over high hear to sear the outside an let my meat baah on the inside. Grill as desired.

Warm weather brings out our desires for extreme simplicity in grilled meats.

No comments:

Post a Comment