Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pizza fail

Went to make pizza on the egg tonight and it was a fail - 25 minutes on the grill and still it wasn't cooked and parts were cold. Because the ingredients were veggies, cheese, and pre-cooked sausage on a pre-cooked crust, it was edible, and we were hungry enough by then to eat it, but it wasn't very good.

Diagnosis:
Egg wasn't fully preheated when I put the skillet on. I think the thermometer also needs recalibration. After 18 minutes the cheese hadn't melted and I decided to give it another 7 minutes. I should have realized this was a major problem and just kept on cooking. I forgot that it takes a long time to heat the iron pan and that when the pan and stuff near it is hot, stuff far away may not be.

Irony:
I still managed to burn my mouth on a bit of tomato paste that had gotten very hot indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment