Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lazy Grazing

Still working hard. In addition, I had a post-Easter leftover feast at my client's of baked macaroni and cheese, ham and glaze, shrimp cocktail, asparagus, and a bunch of other stuff with multiple pies at the end. It was all homemade and well-made, so not a lot I could do but say "thank you" because I meant it.

So for dinner I wanted something that would be easy for Phil to have more of and for me to graze at and for us both to be satisfied. The dinner consisted of roast beef slices rolled and cut in half, some of Kolyu's homemade Bulagarian sausage, two types of cheeses, a sauce/salad of fresh horseradish grated with purple beets (nice and sinus-clearing) and an additional sauce of 1 part Dijon to 2 parts Greek yogurt, with a teaspoon or two of Japanese Seasoned Seaweed with Mushroom paste (gohen desuyo shitake nori) mixed in.

Eating Notes: Perfect for what we wanted. I'd intended for the sauces to go with the roast beef, but the yogurt sauce was even better with the Bulgarian sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment