Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Dinner Course 6 - Smoked Lamb


I am indebted to my husband for really wanting a Big Green Egg. My reluctance to spend $700 on a charcoal grill has been completely overcome by the quality of food that comes out of Mechazawa-san (the Egg) and the complete no-brainer, set-and-forget nature of cooking on the Egg. Today's lamb, smoked with cherry wood, was no exception. I can take no credit for this. I just set the grill up at 2, told Mechazawa-san I wanted a slow-smoked rack of lamb, closed it off at 4 or so, and ate it at 6. Perfection.

I did do the sauce - very simple combination of a few T of Koskiusko mustard, chopped sage leaves, and 3 dashes of mint bitters. The garnish is sage leaves, and meant to be eaten to give a little extra 'bite' between the bist of lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment