Saturday, January 3, 2009

Scrap and Leftover Dinner Salad

This morning I thought I wouldn't be foodblogging at all today, because it was all leftovers and scraps. But here I am, three for three. I guess scraps and leftovers get to the core of whole food eating. And I'm really happy with the results.

Salad again tonight. No real recipe - three plum tomatoes that were starting to go bad and had to have the bad spots cut off so they could be used. The tattered greens from a bunch of radishes I bought at the coop today, rinsed, squeezed dry, then chopped. The stems plus a couple of sprigs from some parsley bought today. 30 grams of walnuts each (we were curious because we wanted to know how much 100 calories of walnuts looks like). 2 ounces of leftover cheese from last week, shred. Some arugula sprouts (you can see what I harvested from the picture; it's the first from my Christmas sprout-starter gift). And about 2T leftover sauce from this morning's steak and eggs. All mixed together, where they formed this absolutely kick-ass salad that I will never reproduce. And that's another cool thing about this, ya' know?

So! A very good night and good eating to all, and for tomorrow - lamb hearts. They are defrosting as I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment